Thursday, June 25, 2009

Homemade Bread!

YUMMMMMM!
Finally I have the right recipe to make Homemade Wheat Bread!! It's Delicious! I've made a loaf (different recipe) before but it was dense and crumbly. This bread can be used for sandwich's or toast or once its "day old" bread you can turn it into croutons!! I got the recipe from moneysavingmom.com a web-site I HIGHLY recommend. I made a few adjustments but it works great for me!!!
1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F.)
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 /4 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
2 teaspoons dry yeast

Put all ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed. Set on dough cycle. When dough cycle is finished, take dough out and shape into a loaf in a greased bread pan. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 20-45 minutes (until doubled)(the perfect warm place is turn your oven on, once it is pre-heated turn it off and then put your bread in to let it rise). Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool before slicing (it can be a little warm). I think if you let it cool down on a cooling rack or a towel before slicing it and storing it, it stores better.

2 comments:

The Olson Family said...

STOP IT! You are making me want to get out my breadmaker.

Arnett's said...

Little miss home maker!