Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Sweet!

Last night I was making dinner. Bridget was in her high chair munching on some Cheerios (pre-dinner snack). Caylee was sitting on the bar stool which was back and to the left of Bridget. Caylee gets off her chair pushes it next to Bridget and says "Bridget is my bestest bestest bestest friend ever We want to sit together" aaawwwhhhhhhhhhhh...

Caylee cares so much about Bridget. I feel so lucky that our girls get along as much as they do. Sure there is some jealous and Caylee tends to knock Bridget over here and there (although Bridget has figured out she can BITE back to get Caylee away) but for the most part our girls are best friends. To hear Caylee say the Bridget is her "bestest friend" was just so adorable. A moment I don't think I'll ever forget.

Its amazing being able to watch these two girls grow together. Every once in a while Caylee forgets anyone is listen and says some of the most truthful and precious things. A few weekends ago Adrian was out of town and the girls and I were getting ready for Grandma, Aunt Katie and Zane to come over. We were in my room and Bridget was looking into the bath tub at all her toys. Caylee went over stood next to her and said "mom doesn't want us in the bath tub. Only mommy's and daddy's can give us a bath mom wont like it Bridgey" It was so adorable. Its so important to her to take care of her little sister and make sure she wasn't getting into trouble!

Just as Caylee adores Bridget, Bridget adores Caylee. She will follow her around the house crawling after her making sure she doesn't miss out. Often they play together in Caylee's room with the kitchen set. Although they are playing separately they are constantly switching their toys with each other. Its just amazing how aware they are of the other one and how important they are to each other.

What a blessing these two little girls are.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is so great! I love it!!! Those are the best times. You are such a good mom.

The Olson Family said...

Awww how precious!

(love the music)